The Shortest 'Bandung Trip' Ever

12:56

 [ selfie me in bright yellow ready for a happy trip ]

I was feeling rather desperate yesterday, having problems with love life (which is big for me, no matter how small it is, for I am over-thinking and over-reacting about it) and feeling kind of stuck at home. So when my best friend invited me to come to Bandung, I spontaneously said yes and arranged everything to go there for a week.

I called my cousin to meet and stay over at his place for a night or so, booked a transportation and even told few of friends I'd want to meet in Bandung. I packed all my clothes for a week's holiday and got all into a gym bag for clothes, backpack for laptop and gadgets and handbag for daily needs. I was super-excited to imagine meeting all friends and visiting places I had left behind.

So I had to depart by 9 a.m. this morning by X-Trans but earlier this morning they called and said it'd be delayed till 10:30 a.m. I thought, this might be a sign for me to cancel. But then I thought again, I had already called everyone and be ready myself for the journey. So I slept for another hour, did some yoga then showered and get dressed. I was absolutely ready for the trip.

[ handbag, backpack and gym bag ]

It was already 10:40 a.m. and the travel car hadn't come yet. While waiting, I got a text that the project I had expected since last Monday suddenly got a green light and I need to have a meeting for that this afternoon. It was really a last minute call, but I thought the project is more important than meeting friends so as the car arrived to take us to Bandung, I cancelled it and thankfully could get a refund.

So here I am again back at home after a very short an hour trip to Bandung (it was only from home to X-Trans pool then waited there for 30 minutes then go back again by taxi) and feeling refreshed already. Perhaps it's because of the excitement of packing and imagining the friends and places I'd visit, or simply because of I got the job going, but I feel refreshed now. Silly yet such a fun 'trip' indeed!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)