A Sip of Freshness at Home

15:33

[Aunt Agnes' klappertaart, black coffee and city view in the morning]

I went to Bandung last Saturday morning with Aunt Dewi and Oma, arriving at the town by 11.30 a.m. and headed straight to home. We were a bit surprised by the many renovation Mom had made in the house, but thankful for it made our house feel more inviting, warm and airy.

We didn't really go anywhere during the short vacation. We just enjoyed the renewed house, relaxing in the back terrace, looking at the city view far below, and discussing stuff we missed out, for it had been more than 1.5 months since I met my Mom and more than 2 months since our last discussions.

Late at night after 5 p.m. mass and dinner at Kopi Progo, my cousins Hizkia and Ray came with their friends to play card and to stay over. We had some chit-chat before I fell asleep by 2.30 a.m. and they went home the next morning at 8 a.m.

After hot shower, I prepared for my old friends to come. Ester arrived around 9 a.m. with her son, Hayden. Some minutes after, Irma came. This was like a little reunion because I hadn't met Ester since Irma's wedding on October last year.

Later, Kak Royan, our neighbor, came with Dewi, her sister-in-law and Lintang, her daughter. Lintang, being 5 y.o, was 1.5 years older than Hayden and Mom thought it could be funny to make them two meet. But then Hayden became uncomfortable and asked to go home. So by 12 p.m. my house was back silent.

It was nice to meet both Ester and Irma, my lovely friends during my adolescent years. But now things are changing and they have families and I have my different life, and things aren't the same way again. I had changed, but friends are always there all the time. Weird, tho, but it's life. Nothing stays the same.

By 4 p.m. we packed and fetched Ray at Hizkia's kost. We had early dinner at Madamme Sari, Kartika Sari Dago, before heading to Jakarta. I fell asleep during most of the trip because I had lack of sleep lately. We arrived at Jakarta by 9 p.m. and that was all about my little vacation home.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)