Ali Topan the Musical
02:01I just went home from Taman Ismail Marzuki, where they played the Ali Topan the Musical, based on '70s novel and movie "Ali Topan Anak Jalanan". The reason I watched it was because that I've been wanting to watch a theatrical drama since a long time, and that I promised Lisa Depe to watch her performance.
So I went there with Alex and got the ticket bought by Atri and enjoyed my first drama musical experience from the tribune seat (luckily, we got the front row.) The show was divided in two intervals with 13 scenes total. I must say that I enjoyed the show very much, especially in the second interval. But the lacking I felt the most was from the main character itself.
I knew about Dendy (vocalist of Mike's) from Nimas before and I agreed that his figure is perfect for the role. Too bad, Ali Topan was described as a long-haired rebel, something that became the most critical part of all the show. If only the director wanted to try a "new face" of Ali Topan and Dendy didn't have to wear a wig, the show would be nearly flawless.
[Anna Karenina and Ali Topan]
Apart from the appearance, I was entertained by all the dancing and costumes, and amazed by the voices of all singers, especially Trie Utami, Kikan, Dendy, and (of course) Lisa Depe. I don't really know the other singers, and for me, these four were the best of all. Too bad, Sita Nursanti and Tike Priatnakusumah didn't sing too much, tho they acted superbly.
Anyway, I was so excited to watch this show and definitely gonna come for more theatrical show in the future. I would say thank you to Indonesian artists who made this happen, and hope they can compete with Broadway soon. I would certainly support local art. C'est tout trés magnifique!






0 comments