27
23:50via refreshreload
Is it too old, you think, being 27? Or is it still too young, do you think?
For me, 27 is just a number. I still feel so young, too young to think about marriage myself. I still have a lot to do before deciding that huge once-in-a-lifetime stuff and I really don't wanna rush it up. Yet, I feel old enough to not playing around anymore. It's such a blessing, turning 27, but also as a reminder at how fast years gone by.
My mom was nagging about me being still a single at the age of 27 for the last couple of months, especially lately that I see her more often. She is worried sick about me not getting the right life partner and being poor in material. It's such a silly thought, I think, now that she had taught me all of the little things that made me who I am.
Being 27, for me, is sort of a warning number that I need to be more focused in both work and love. Maybe the portion is much bigger for work for now, since I have no lover. But in liking someone, I have many boundaries, like it or not. Because the guy I'd date should be an eligible husband-to-be, Mom warned me.
Funny, because I'm not thinking about marriage for now, but Mom is true, because I myself feel so tired about love and relationship already. I'm tired of hesitation and broken hearts, of waiting and hoping too high. I think it's time to give up on love and highlight my other sides in life. Still, you can not push away or pull aside love.
Love comes unexpectedly and randomly. You don't pick up one on your own. Love comes just like that, and what can we do about it? I know I'm 27 and need to be serious now. But at the moment, I want to enjoy just what I have now around me: random jobs and some guy to like. We'll just see where things are going from now, but we simply need to take steps, right?





0 comments