Get Dirrrty
00:02via icanread
Last week when I came back from my holiday in Bandung--back from fun sleepless nights I spent with my cousin and friends there--things are just getting more serious, troubled and far from what I just experienced for the three nights of the high school kinda life I've missed out: drinking, singing and jamming old school songs.
Anyway, while I was having fun with my old friends out there, Mom was dealing with asphalting the streets in our house complex. It's a social working, and Mom was the one who had the idea and became the chief of the project, and none of the committee are getting paid. It's a very noble act, I'd say, but needs a lot of sacrifice as well.
During the project, I took several lessons I saw from Mom's work:
- Have a Chief, and obey him/her. It's not about who has the most money or the most brilliant brain. It's about working in a non-profit organization. Although you think you are smarter than the chief, respect and obey him/her, and give him/her advices. That way, the project can be done in harmony.
- Stick to the rules. Even if it's "just" a non-profit, social project, there are rules. Follow the system and discuss any problems in meetings. Stick to the meeting's agenda and results. Don't complicate anything. Sticking to the rules is the simplest way to get things done properly in time.
- Keep to the goal. Remind yourself about the purpose of the project so that you can keep your focus on making the project done. Social project is something you do other than your main job, so we understand that you don't put this on your top priority, but don't forget that you work in and part of a team. So you better do your part well.
- Work for God, not for others nor your personal aim(s). Therefore, you would work heartily and unconditionally. Don't work with hidden purposes or to 'get a name', for you might humiliate yourself instead. When you do your work with all your heart, you will shine and praised after all. But seek for God's kingdom first, then all the glory will be added to you.
The tips works for daily tasks or projects at office, too. So, let's get our hands dirrrty, fellas!





0 comments