Normal
02:13I just watched this abnormal movie called Normal
What moved me when watching this, was how great and sincere the love showed in this movie, especially from Roy's wife, Irma. Becoming a normal housewife who loves her husband so much, she decided to put aside any abnormality between them and decided to love him unconditionally and staying by his side until the end, even when people expect her to do otherwise.
One unforgettable scene for me, was when the pastor came up and gave his permission for Irma to walk away. But she replied, "He is my heart, my heart." She held her right hand on her chest and whispered her love there--what comes from her heart. So her husband is becoming a transgender. So she won't ever experience the normal sex anymore. So people will tend to despise him and have pity on her... and so on.
So what? People don't know Roy as much as she does and Roy does love her as much. It isn't about what we are, but who we are as a person. It isn't about what's in the outside, but what's inside. By the end of the movie, Irma said, "Sweet Roy. Sweet soul. What we do for love." I think that's really what the whole movie is about. We usually expect our partner to be what we want them to be, but we forget to give them freedom to become what they want.
I've been through several of unbalanced and unhealthy relationships and saw many more from friends around me. I've discussed a bit about this with Patrick on our long conversations lately and I think that most of people now are too selfish. We don't see that kind of unconditional love anymore nowadays. People are being too demanding and self-centered and forget to see the true self of their surrounding--most importantly, their partner.
I experienced this myself, being demanded to become or behave like someone I was not. One of my exs always dictated me to do this, not do that, bla bla bla. He didn't allow me to become who I am, he wanted me to be like what he liked--and it felt like HELL. I mean it. So when I saw how Irma let Roy becoming Ruth, I saw true love here, and I cry myself for not having this... yet.
Love is something that we feel, regardless how ugly, weird, freak the person we love is. Love is something we can not force because it's something beyond our control. This isn't easy, I know, to accept people just how they are. It needs a lot of understanding, open mind and matureness to get to it. But such love exists and I believe I will experience it myself where I can be totally myself and share mutual feelings with just one guy for the rest of my life. I wish you all the same!





0 comments