Why Bali?

22:33

[challenge accepted]

I know that almost everybody was surprised when they hear I am now staying in Bali. Out of nowhere and without precaution, I suddenly decided to go. I don't understand this myself. All I know that I had this strong calling during the retreat I had last month to go to Bali. I just knew that I had to go.

Maybe because of these:
  1. I need to live by myself now, being independent of my own for I am nearly 28 now.
  2. I have always dreamed of going away from Jakarta-Bandung. This is my first step.
  3. Bali is not as far as Melbourne. At least this is still in the country and is affordable.
  4. I have always loved this island. The culture, the architecture, the view, the atmosphere...
  5. I have got to push myself to the limit, see what else I can do besides what I have done before.

So, yea, let's call this as a brand new life for me. I really need this in my life, while my other friends are mostly get in marriages. I need to fix some aspects in my life, and I also need to find out why I am here now. God must have have something great behind all of this, made me come by an interview and got the job canceled once I got the place to stay... and staying jobless until now.

But I know that God has always been with me since the first flight. He made me met Tante Siska, a friend of Mom's who had been very kind to me--helping me with almost all of the things here until I am fully prepared. God had led me to Mrs. Ketut as well, for she is very selective on accepting people who stay here and believes in the unseen forces around. She said it is destiny that I came here and meet her.

I also know that my late father is here with me. It's like almost all of the places that I visit here reminds me of him... perhaps because he had stayed in Denpasar for couple of years back then and we had our last holiday with the family here. But indeed, it is really like he's here around me, leading me on every step that I take. I can feel him close, I even can imagine him communicating with people around.

Well, anyway, I do feel at home now, even that the bathroom is at the other part of the house and there is no aircon... Mrs. Ketut said, the room will chill when our head is chilled. But once our heart/head is heated, the room will also feel hot. It's a good thing, I guess.

But, yes. I love this place. I love Mrs. Ketut's family, with their humble heart and modest way of living. I am gonna stay long here, I know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)