PechaKucha Night

20:13

Herdi was giving speech

I'm gonna share the event I went to last Friday, which I just knew exist a few days before. I wasn't planning to go to Jakarta that day but I had to interview a resource for an upcoming project, so I went instead. The venue took place in Jl. Tirtayasa and I finished at 5 p.m. Such a perfect timing on Friday night in Jakarta!

Herdi and me

After 10 minutes trapped in hopeless traffic jam, I turned my wheels and headed to Plaza Mandiri SCBD for PechaKucha Night Jakarta. My ex-colleague Herdiana Surachman of Deluxshionist was giving a speech for the community, and the night's topic was Fashion Nation. When I got there at 6 pm, the room was barely filled so I got time to chit-chat with Herdi and catching up stuff we'd lost in 2 years.

This is Ucita Pohan, one of the best speakers that night

PechaKucha is a community started in Tokyo, Japan, in 2003 by Caucasian architects for creative people to gather and share ideas. PechaKucha Night is the monthly event for 20x20 presentation. It means each of the speakers has to speak within the slideshow of 20 images, each shown in 20 seconds. I must say, this is a very creative way to inspire and be inspired.

Herdi, me and Atri

So I stayed for the night while waiting for the traffic jam to dissolve. I sat next to Herdi and perhaps the only not-fashionista person to sit at that row of speakers. Just before we left, we met Atri, our other ex-colleague, and had another catching up chit-chat. It was a very tiring day for me, yet inspiring. I think I'll go to the next PechaKucha Night!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)