Car Crash
12:02[damaged badly in the rear part]
Last Thursday I drove around South Jakarta to get my things done at Pela to get coffee samples from Javanegra and Pondok Indah to get Auntie Agnes' klappertaarts I needed to bring to Bandung. Then I headed to Cipete to meet Cheryl and I drove her and my mom to Bandung at around 1 p.m.
At around 1.50 p.m. the traffic was slowing down at KM 26, so I hit the brake slowly. It was still 3-4 meters far from the car in the front and I got time to look at the rearview mirrors and saw the car behind me--about 4-5 meters at the moment I was looking--wasn't slowing down at all, so I screamed cuz I really didn't know what else to do.
There it went, the hard crash from behind that shocked us all. Mom was almost asleep and Cheryl was looking at me for we were in the middle of a very nice discussion at the time. It wasn't the first car crash I was in, but this time I was on the driver's seat.
[the damaged rented car]
So it happened that the car from behind was crashing ours and pushed ours to the car in the front and made our car like a sandwich in the middle. The man from the red Hyundai Getz in the front was upset but when he saw that our car got worse condition, he went on and disappeared.
The guy who was driving the silver Toyota Avanza admitted that it was all his fault that he wasn't looking and didn't hit the break, and he offered us compensation for the mess he caused. The tow truck came and brought his car (which happened to be a rental car) and we followed them to Deltamas exit at KM 37 to finish the problem.
It happened that this guy's office was at Deltamas so we made the deal at the parking lot which was done after 2 hours since the accident, and we headed back to Bandung after a short coffee break at KM 43 rest area. We arrived in Bandung at around 6.00 p.m.
[another healthy niece I got]
After dinner and shower, I went to Irma's house to greet her newborn baby girl Jesselyn Naomi Chen, who was born on Sept 19, 2011 at 10.30 p.m. By the time I went there, Hendra and his mom were visiting too. I'm so happy to see how happy my best friend was, that her dream to have child finally came true.
I drove to KFC Riau after that to meet Arief who bought a pack of Javanegra's 250g Enrekang single origin coffee from that I brought from Jakarta. We ended up chatting and having nostalgia for another two hours. By the time we were done, Cheryl told me she was already at Camden, so I went to see her there.
[Romulus, Cheryl's friend, Nirwan, Cheryl and Rony]
It was so crowded in the bar and we barely got no seats. Luckily Cheryl got some friends there who already got a table so we joined them. Not long after, Romulus came, then Nirwan, Rony and Marino. Later, Patrick joined us and we moved to Circle K Dago when the bar was closing. It was past 5 a.m. when I got home and I was so tired. But I was so happy as well :)








0 comments