Limp
16:08[I literally got arrows on my knee--LOL]
Well this is kind of embarrassing, but last Tuesday I woke up with pain in my left knee. I couldn't bend it so I walk limply, while my first meeting of the day was 10 a.m. at Gelael Supermarket in Kuta Raya. I held my pain till it was too much and thankfully Oom Irwin (Mom's friend and an uncle to my childhood friend) and Tante Susan took me to this Sinshe (some traditional Chinese doctor) at Kartika Udayana shops.
Turned out the Wen Zhong Acupressure Center have branches too in Jakarta, and the place was kind of clean and nice. There were 5-6 massage beds open to the main doors after the reception area. So people can see what's been done to the patients. They were all having acupressure therapy, except for me, for my emergency situation, to have the acupuncture.
I was kind of lucky because to meet the Sinshe and having a consultation would need a long reservation because the place was kind of crowded, but the Sinshe's wife (which also has the license for practice as Sinshe) was there when I made my complaints of my knee and she offered her help. She said it was probably because of my eating habit (instant food and no exercise), not because of the ligament break as I predicted before.
It was much better after the 20 minutes treatment; I could walk much easier and surprisingly the pain was totally gone in the next morning. But I still need to do the acupressure therapy for 3 days in a row, starting today, and going to be closed with a blood detox where they'd take 250cc of my dirty blood away and leave my body fresh and healthier. That's what they say, so I hope the result will be so.
I had never done acupuncture before, but it really wasn't that scary. The pain was like being bitten by an ant for one millisecond and that's all. But at around the minute 15, the Sinshe made a swirl at the six needles and at where it hurt most, the pain was like the sensation of being electrocuted. That was the only pain I felt during the acupuncture. I think it's endurable and really worth it.
P.S. For the acupuncture treatment or 1 hour acupressure therapy they charge IDR80,000 and for the blood detox it's IDR250,000.




0 comments