Karma Happens
02:13via godssecret
I am now in Bandung for my health recovery for I've had this cough since last week. I went to Bandung on Saturday morning with my aunt and when she was going back to Jakarta on Monday, I collapsed and so here I am now. Anyway, an old school mate was coming by and visited me on my sick day; he told me things I didn't know about one of my ex.
This ex, he used to say that I was fat and I needed to lose weight and do more exercise. He also was so grumpy about every teeny weeny little bit he made me so stressed the whole time we were together. Eventually, I couldn't stand it no more--I couldn't imagine a life full of sighing and tears like that and I just had to stop it right there. So we broke up.
Little do I know about his present life and his current girlfriend. But due to what I just heard, he has now a fat grumpy girlfriend! I was kinda surprised when I heard about this, because due to what I saw in facebook, it doesn't show that way. I was amazed at how those two qualities were being mentioned in the short news.
Then I was thinking, how pathetic that kind of life is, where you failed to appreciate those who were in your life until you lose them for good and now have to live with the "second best". That is totally awful to me, if you are always comparing and complaining. Indeed, people need to learn to be better in life, and they're being given the right partner in order to achieve such "better"-ness.
I think it's much much better to experience the "having all the wrong persons before meeting the right one" than to meet all the right ones first then get the least right one in the end. That's sort of a downgrade to me and it doesn't sound cool at all. Doesn't mean that I need only cool things in my life, but seriously, this is pathetic!
Maybe my ex needs someone as grumpy as his current girlfriend to balance his grumpy character. It's so sad that he didn't learn to manage his anger earlier with his first girlfriends. In the end, he ends up comparing his current one to the ones who had gone, like what he did when he compared me to his ex before me. Gosh it's tiring to be compared with and tiring to hear all of the complaining!
Like in the image I put above, anger can only bring you down. Also, when you don't know how to feel (and show) gratitude and just accept things the way it is, you'll end up having nothing in your hand because God will definitely take back His blessings. Gosh, this sounds so scary!
I had never thought about my ex this way. I was so taken aback and immediately feel sorry about him; about his anger problem, about his non-gratitude behavior, about his complaining stuff, etc that I had tried to warn him before (and failed). I also feel sorry that behind his beautiful surface lies such an ugly character. It really shows when you find your lifetime partner--I just realized this--your true soul reflects on the people who stay around you.
In the other hand, I'm so thankful that I'm no longer with him now, even though people say that he is the one who loves me the most. Life (and marriage) don't rely on love alone anyway. There are other important things that makes a relationship works, and definitely not to compare your partner with another, or to let your anger controls over everything else all the time. Who'd want to be with you that way?
Now, the next time you're about to let your anger loose, please think about the whole consequences you might face in the future, will you?





0 comments