Martine

23:09

Gosh, you can't believe how happy I am on what I just found. It's Martine series, the books I grew up with by Gilbert Delahaye. It's about a young girl named Martine (It's Tini in Indonesia, Debbie in USA but originally is Martine--in France) who has a dog Patapouf (it's Pupi in Indonesian) and cat Moustache (Mimi in Indonesian.) She lives with her older brother Jean (Yan), younger brother Alain and both parents. She is experiencing a happy childhood and those illustrations carved deep in my heart even until years later.

I love the 50's drawings of Marcel Marlier all over the books and all my childhood I was dreaming about a life like hers to be mine. Here are some of the illustration of the books I had that I got from the web. J'adore ces livres!

[3. Martine à la mer, 1955]

[4. Martine au cirque, 1956]

[6. Martine à la foire, 1958]

[12. Martine à la maison, 1963]
mon préféré!

[13. Martine au zoo, 1963]

[16. Martine monte à cheval, 1965]

[17. Martine au parc, 1966]

[18. Martine petite maman, 1968]

[19. Martine fête son anniversaire, 1969]
mon préféré!

[20. Martine embellit son jardin, 1969]

[21. Martine fait de la bicyclette, 1971]

[22. Martine petit rat de l'opéra, 1972]
mon préféré!

[23. Martine à la fête des fleurs, 1973]
mon préféré!

[24. Martine fait la cuisine, 1974]
mon préféré!

[25. Martine apprend à nager, 1975]

[26. Martine est malade, 1976]

[27. Martine chez tante Lucie, 1977]
mon préféré!

[29. Martine fait de la voile, 1979]

[30. Martine et son ami le moineau, 1980]
mon préféré!

[31. Martine et l'âne Cadichon, 1981]

[32. Martine fête maman, 1982]

[34. Martine à l'école, 1984]

[38. Martine et le cadeau d'anniversaire, 1988]

Btw, I just found out that the series is published almost once a year, what a long long time to make all of them! And the first Martine I had was published on the year of Mom's birth and the last one was on my sister's birth year! How odd, how so long of time! And I just found out that Marlier, the illustrator, died earlier this year at the age of 80. So sad... he had created so many beautiful illustrations all his life. I'm so glad I grew up with his creations :)

[Martine et Marlier]

You Might Also Like

2 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)