Marriage As a Choice
10:06Of all the people I know before, all told me that people who are married because they are meant to be together. That it is destiny. It is something that had been written. It is God's will. Maktub.
Truth is, humankind is gifted to have their own will. A freewill. It is true that God is controlling our behaviour in His own way, warning us when we are going too far from His path. But then again, marriage is all about choices. Our own choices.
In Chinese belief, there are some cases where two people is truly in conflict that things are happening to keep them from uniting. That so many obstacles come along their way to be together. Something that is called 'ciong' (from what I've heard here), when God is not allowing some things to happen.
I was talking to a Balinese psychic few days ago. We talked about life, reincarnation and destiny. He said I could've been married soon if I want. It is about my choice. It could happen if I open my heart. And it's all about my choice--to open my heart or not, to point one certain guy to be my future husband.. It's all about choice.
I had never thought seriously about getting married anytime soon actually, but my age forced me to do so now. I need to think about starting a new life with a man of my choice. Someone who loves me--but it's not that easy to make someone to love me that big that makes me the only one for him that will not make him love another girl and to stay in the commitment all his life, is it?
Back again, it is a choice. To marry someone who meets all physical qualifications or to choose someone by mere feelings. I really don't know where to find, as I don't have any specific guy around at the mean time. Perhaps if a decent and intelligent, mature and good-looking Catholic man who can cook and doesn't want kids suddenly appears before me, I would just marry him right away. LOL.




0 comments