A Silent Birthday
15:30I dunno why I enjoy celebrating birthday in silence lately, especially since I reached the number 30. Few days ago I celebrated my 33rd birthday in silence again, turning my socmed data into private to prevent the public announcement. I dunno why I did it actually, but maybe because I love the fact that the people who are actually sending me birthday greetings are those who really remember it.
This year, my birthday was another gleeful moment. I spent it alone in Bali last year, went to Sanur beach to say a prayer and having only a friend came late at night by accident without even knowing it was my birthday, but this year I spent all day with a best friend who was fully aware of it and made the best out of it. We had brunch and dinner, watched a movie together and even a post-midnight supper. I feel loved; purely and sincerely, honestly and spontaneously. It's such a great feeling!
My cousins, aunt and grandma came the next day, bringing me cake and presents. My mom came home even later at night, and I haven't even meet my siblings until today, five days after. But I don't mind. Perhaps I've celebrated birthdays in the crowd for so many years and I've celebrated birthdays in tears for several years that I've come to this point where I just want to celebrate my birthday with only very special people in my life.
Last Sunday I spent half a day with my best friend Rachelle and her husband Bobby at The Breeze. It was a spontaneous meeting but I'm really glad that I got them in my life. And later at night I spent time at Mas Bagjo's house. He's a middle-aged man who became one of the closest friends I got for the past two years. He gave me a present, cooked us late-night supper, and opened a bottle of red wine. Such a special treat!
I dunno with whom I'd celebrate my birthday next year, but I'm not worried. In fact, I don't care. As long as I'm in love with myself and got love inside here, I know I'll be okay. As long as we know how to be grateful, everything is just beautiful. Thank you, for all of you who wished me a happy 33rd birthday this year.. I love you all!







0 comments