Singapore Trip Day 3: Changi Airport

17:30

 
Actually we didn't really go anywhere this day except for Changi airport. We woke up at 9 a.m. but we were all very tired. My sister said her husband and his group went home from the Guns n' Roses concert almost midnight, all satisfied with the show but disappointed from the facilities. I guess the promoter should learn from the promoters of Indonesian outdoor concerts such as Soundrenaline or Djakarta Warehouse Project, do you agree?


Day 3

our cheese tart breakfast by BAKE

So basically our morning was a lazy one. I was thinking about taking a swim on top of the hotel building but my feet hurt like hell so I opted to stay in the room. My sister brought this super good BAKE cheese tart for my breakfast, but I just finished my Kimchi instant ramen, so I kept the tarts for after shower. We didn't take the breakfast at hotel to save some money. We brought instant noodle in cups from Jakarta instead. It really saves some money!

at least I got a river tour here.. LOL

We checked out at 12 p.m. and took the MRT. At that time my feet hurt so bad that I took off the sneakers and wore flip-flops instead. I know I looked silly but I didn't care. My comfort was much more important than how I look at the time ;p


arriving at Terminal 1, we saw this floating copper teardrop installation--it's so cool!

We arrived at Changi Airport Terminal 3 and took the Skytrain to Terminal 1 where we'd depart with Jet Star. After checking in, we went to the shops area and had late lunch at 4fingers. We got this drumsticks combo of 9, salad, rice bowl, and burger for the three of us. Gigantic meal indeed!

big lunch for hungry stomachs

use me. I don't mind.

Cindy and Sean, my brother-in-law's friends, joined us for lunch. But for me and my sister, the remaining one hour means the last shot for souvenir hunting (read: shopping), so we went for a tour at the T1. We should depart at 3.05 p.m. but once we came to the gate, they said it was delayed until 5.05. Apparently we had another two hours for shopping, so we spent all of our remaining coins.

all that I bought for myself are these book-related stuff

you see how bad I need this book rest?

it's such a cool bookmark, isn't it?

We finished the lasts of our coins but there was still another hour to wait so we joined Maruli, Sean and Cindy at the O'Leary's Sports Bar & Grill. They got this Victoria Bitter beer so of course I ordered them!

stuffing our bellies with these liquid carbs

Victoria ain't that bitter actually ;p

the sport spirit felt strongly here

We finally departed and the flight was a nice, short one (to be compared to our flight on Day 1). We all then went to Neo Soho to check St. Marc Café's third outlet, which should be opened on March 1, 2017. The project was already finishing then
(and they got this 50% discount for desserts until March 12, so get on and grab some sweets there! 
I strongly recommend the Mango Fantasy!)

the Artbound @ Kemang Village

what a cute collage artwork!

another cute artwork I snapped

I promised my cousin to come to the art performances & exhibition she managed so I left at 9 p.m. and headed to Kemang Village. It was the very last of Artbound (from Fisip UI 2016) and I went home with her and her friends. So then I closed my holiday trip with this.

Don't forget to read my Day 1 and Day 2 of fun, and also more photos at Instagram. For tips, check here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)