Earthquake and Before

12:00

image was taken from www.searo.who.int

Yesterday, a 7.3 Richter Scale earthquake happened at 142 km southwest of Tasikmalaya at 2:55 p.m. and scared me to death. I was just finished showering and was toweling myself when I heard something trembled loud like a tractor or bulldozer from the outside, then not a second later, felt the earth was trembling under my feet.

I was panicked and went out from the bathroom, seeing candle holder made from glasses fell onto the floor and all of the hanging lamps were swinging and when I saw that the tremble kept on going for another minute, I tried to call Ara/my mom/my dad but seemed that the connection was failed from the Telkomsel.

So I got dressed, grabbed my saving books, passport, Mac, jackets and put them all in the car and drove the car to the alleyway so that I could go easily when was needed. I tried calling Ara and he said he was coming my way so I stayed in the car, while still panicking. But the phone line was still error so I went back into the house and tried calling anyone I could. 

Eventually Mom picked up her CDMA phone (the Telkomsel was still error) and that was when I started to calm down. Then, I went to the dining room and eat and watched news and went online. I was so scared then, since I was alone at home and couldn't speak to anyone. 

Ara came by around 5 p.m. with food and went for his business when the electricity went down here. 10 minutes later Deysi came with her chemical books, asking me to help with translation. We worked till 11 p.m. and I drove her home. It was such a panicked day for me, after having a pretty fun day before...

[Livia, Liana and Ester with tiramisu in boxes]

Two days ago Livia invited me to swim at Hyatt Regency, also with Liana and Ester, for free with the vouchers she got. We enjoyed the swimming from 3 p.m. till 6.30 p.m. and Ara fetched me there. 

[Hayden with his complete swimming costume]

We went to Resep Moyang in Jl. Pahlawan and had pizza dinner after that and I was so full and sleepy we both slept over on the couch once we got home.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)