Time for a Haircut

23:31

I went to Toko Setiabudi this afternoon with Mom. She went to the supermarket while I went to Anata Salon for a haircut. The hairdresser gave me some tips:

  1. Don't sleep too late after 10 p.m. so your hair growth would be maximum (Oh nooo! I sleep at 2 a.m. everyday! I gotta change my habit otherwise I'd go bald!!)
  2. Don't wash your hair everyday to keep it healthy (Thankfully I wash mine once in every 2 days..)
  3. Don't use too many hair products. The chemical damages it and the tip would be broken/have branches (This, too, thankfully is far from my hair now.)


[my new hairstyle. how do you think?]

After I was done, Mom and I went to Mangkok Ayam for dinner. I drove her home by around 6 p.m. then I drove to PVJ. There is a movie playing and my schoolmate back in Jakarta played the male leading role and I felt that I needed to see it. So I made up my mind to watch it (even if I was alone) and bought the 8 p.m. movie.

I still had an hour to go so I went to Gramedia and looked around the novel racks (yea, as always) and found Dee's newest work Perahu Kertas and decided to buy it. I told my friend I wasn't gonna buy it until I hear his review but I already have all of Dee's other pieces so, why not. The promotion on the book stack said these limited were completed with Dee's signature. So, why not? I'll let you know the review later.



I called Ara and told him that I was in PVJ and he turned his direction while driving and headed toward me. He is such a sweet boyfriend, he came to accompany me watching it although he was so sleepy and--off the record--avoids Indonesian movies.



Overall, I think the movie was good. It's definitely an independent movie (the way the execution was made) and brought up a very sensitive topic in Indonesia; about love, ethnicity and religion. It's a huge problem here (Julie and I discussed about it a lot and to be compared with France, Indonesian people deal harder when it came to these issue.)

Many are still cons against this movie (I just read a blog that suggested people not to watch it since it's influencing people to a certain religion) but I say, this is an indie movie and indies are for open-minded people only. To watch the movie, you really have to erase your being and be a non-block viewer, understanding the implicit meaning the director was bringing. It's quite heavy; all of the discussions about religion, 'forbidden' love and issues among young adults.



Maybe I think this movie is nice because I know the actor and it's interesting to see someone I know on the screen. Or maybe because it brought up the topic that is pretty much similar with my love life now: religion and ethnicity difference that defeated by love (in the movie, they defeated the love.)



The movie really should ended that way, otherwise it wouldn't be as good (remember the movie Stranger Than Fiction?) Well, although I don't really like the executions in here and there, the theme they're bringing was good and so true and it happens. Plus, they created faces on their fingers.. and all of the details that made the film good. I rate it 4 of 5 stars for an Indonesian indie.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

My Books

Victoria Tunggono's books on Goodreads
Gerbang Nuswantara Gerbang Nuswantara
reviews: 3
ratings: 11 (avg rating 3.73)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1) E-Book Edition
reviews: 2
ratings: 4 (avg rating 5.00)

Gateway to Nuswantara Gateway to Nuswantara
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)

Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura Trilogi Keraton Emas: Gapura (Buku 1)
reviews: 1
ratings: 1 (avg rating 5.00)